About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Friday, May 6, 2011

LOL! It's been one of those days already!

Welcome Gayle!  Thanks for following me.  While I thought I was clicking the link to follow your blog I actually am following my own blog!  LOL!  Oh, thank goodness it's Friday!

The last time I posted I was concerned about rumors of lay-offs.... well... they're no longer rumors! :(  Approximately 14 people will be laid off.  Not sure yet if I'm one of them.  No idea when it's going to happen.  My guess is within the next two weeks.  As you can imagine, staff here are very stressed out.  There have been a lot of staff in my office crying since the initial announcement went out a week ago.
Times are tough, economy is bad - it is what it is.  I'll just go with the flow and try not to get too stressed out.


Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Char, I hope that you keep your job but I'm worried that those who keep their jobs will have to work even harder. In the mean time just keep your spirits up, you'll know soon enough. Have a plan in place just in case your name comes up to be laid off.

    The economy will come back, it just take time. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia! I do have a plan in place. At one time I was in nursing school for RN. I had to drop out as I was a single mom with a 16 year old daughter that was being left alone a lot between working full time and going to school full time. So, I'll go back to school to be a medical assistant - it only takes the fall and spring semester to complete and who knows - some of my nursing stuff might transfer over and I could go less... I don't want to go back to nursing school - I'd have to start from the beginning with my clinicals and just don't have the desire to take two years or more to complete school.

    And, yes, you're right - those who keep their jobs will have to work harder - we've already been told that those who get laid off work...their work will have to be divided up among those who don't lose their jobs. If I don't lose my job I only have two years to to and I'd be able to retire, although I'd probably work at least another year - maybe two.

    Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Char ~
    This economy sucks! Layoffs are so scary!!! I'm glad you have a plan and would be able to go back to school.
    Good luck to you!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete