About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Hi - It's me!  Sorry I haven't been on in a while and sorry no pictures with this post....again!  My daughter and her family are staying with us until their house gets finished (there's seven of them in our tiny two bedroom house).  It's like wall to wall people.  Our office is holding the baby's play pen (for him to sleep in; my craft room has all their blankets, sleeping bags, pillows, purses, diaper bags (you get the picture ) in there with just enough room to get to the shelf that holds my extra toilet paper, kleenex and paper towels.  During the day they put the air mattress that the girls are sleeping on in to our bedroom so when we get home from work we can barely move around in our bedroom.  So upstairs my daughter sleeps on the couch, the baby in the office, and the two girls on the living room floor.  Downstairs her husband sleeps on the couch and the boys sleep on the floor down there.  In that room there are multiple suitcases (looks like they're planing to stay with us forever!) and various items of I don't know what all over the counter down there.  Then in the wash room there are piles of dirty clothes all over the place.  The other side of the laundry room (where I usually walk on the treadmill or do the stationary bike) is full of toys scattered all over.  I'm just a tad stressed.  Last Wednesday we were out at their house to hopefully clean but the water department said a part was missing and they couldn't turn the water on.  So while my daughter and her friend were in the trailer trying to figure out which boxes to bring in when the baby saw a power tool and that little devil is quicker than a NASCAR driver and he went right for it.  I tried to grab him and in doing so pulled a muscle in my back.  A trip to the doctor and anti-inflammatory meds, muscle relaxers, and pain pills later I'm in la la land.  I feel a little better today but am still sore.  The doc said I'd probably be sore for a good two weeks!  Yikes!  With luck, they'll be out by this weekend and I'll have my sanity back!!!!

Thanks for stopping in and listening to me whine!


  1. Hi Char, I sympathize with you. I posted a comment yesterday but somehow is not showing on your blog so I'll try again. I can't remember what I wrote but feel that you have had more than your share of inconvenience. It's a good thing that it's temporary. Having to be living so crowded in a small place is very stressful for everyone and as soon as you are back on your own it will make you appreciate having your house to yourselves again.

    My daughter just moved to their house today and had to sleep here in my house all six of them but it was only for one night. There were shoes, duffle bags and pack sacks everywhere. This evening I went to help organize their youngest daughter's bedroom. It was her 8th birthday and they had a cake for her and there were unpacked boxes everywhere.

    They used to live in a tiny crowded apartment and now have a huge house with 6 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms and many other rooms and tons of closets, shelves and storage area, finally after 17 years

    I'm sorry about your pulled muscle, it's quite an inconvenience. I hope that you get back to your normal routine soon.
    Hugs, JB

  2. Thanks Julia! My daughter told me this morning that they're getting the gas turned on tomorrow and if all goes well they'll be moving in tomorrow night and Friday night so I might have only two more days of this!

    My back was feeling a lot better but today for some reason it's hurting a lot. I guess that's the way it will be for about another week.