About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Monday, April 11, 2011

A beautiful weekend!

Saturday we drove down to Amish Country (Walnut Creek and Berlin Ohio).  No particular reason for going except to get away for a day.  It was supposed to be a nice day.  It was overcast and chillier than they predicted but still better than rain and snow.  Bought a rug hooking pattern to hang over the doorway from the Living Room into the Kitchen.  Bought some yarn so I can whipstitch my cardinal mat.  And of course pastries from Der Dutchman.

Sunday Stacy came over to work on her quilt.  And of course I totally forgot to take pictures yet again!  Sigh...

This coming Saturday, April 16 - Stacy and I are going to a hook-in in Holmes County (Walnut Creek) Mennonite Church down in Amish country.  I'm sure after that we'll have to head into Berlin to the Country Craft Cupboard and probably some other stops along the way!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Char, your Saturdays seems to be filled with fun things.. I hope that the weather will be nice this weekend. JB

    ReplyDelete