About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

I hope everyone had a great holiday and safe New Year's eve!  We had a very quiet New Year's Eve and I loved it!  Friday, December 30 hubby and I went to see Transiberian Orchestra!  They are wonderful.  If you ever get a chance to see them - you must!  At least once in your life time!  The light show is phenomenal, the music is great, the atmosphere is charged!  For many years in my youth I took piano lessons and was pretty good - played at our church a few times when I was 8 years old and again when I was 12.  I found myself, for the first time in a long time, wishing I had kept up with those lessons and continued to learn.  If I were ever to have had a career in music this would be the type of music/band/orchestra I'd love to be in.

New Year's Day I started working on cleaning/organizing my craft room.  Decided to do it in sections.  After spending about 3 hours just clearing off my desk and finding a place for everything that was on my desk I came to the conclusion that I needed to downsize my crafts.  I went a little crazy and thought I could be Wonder Woman of the Craft world and took on jewelry making, card making, knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, crocheted rugs, locker rug hooking, primitive rug hooking, needle punch, rug punch, quilting,...I think you get the picture.  Any hoo, work gets in the way of being able to accomplish much with these crafts so I've decided what I need to do is buy some small plastic containers and go through my crafts - the ones I rarely do or don't do at all because I just don't have the time will be boxed up, labeled and put in the attic.  Once I retire (hopefully in 2 years) then I can pull them out and decide if I a) have time to hone my skills and/or b) if I really even want to.  I want to stick with the quilting, cross stitch, rug hooking and occasional crocheting for now.

So, it's back to work today which means I probably won't have time or energy to work any more in my craft room until this weekend.  By then I'll have my containers and can start de-cluttering even more!

I did start a rug hooking project - Salt Box houses (12 x 24) to hang above the door leading from the living room into the kitchen.  It looks fairly simple so I'm hoping it goes quickly.  I want to start hooking my Sunflower penny rug by March so I need to stay focused on the Salt Box rug/mat!

Sorry - no pictures - I still haven't gotten into the habit of taking pictures as I go along - that's one of the things I plan to try to get better at.

Thank you all for stopping by.  It's been a pleasure meeting each of you! 

Here's to a wonderful 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Char,
    Thank you for your visit to my blog. Ewwww.... I love your wonderful quilt. It is beautiful. It sounds like we have many things in common. I too am a Mother of three wonderful daughters and 11 grandchildren. I too am a self taught artist in almost all of my stitiching, hooking, weaving, and all the other multitude of crafts that I do. I watch a tutorial and I am off and running. I always have at least a dozen or so projects going at one time. I have just laid down the law to myself that I am not to begin another project until I finish at least 3 of the ones I have going now. Yea right! we will see how long that lasts. heheh
    I hope you will visit again.
    Take loads of pictures. It sort of helps to keep tract of past and present projects and is sort of like a journal of sorts. I probably take a doz photos a day of my furry kids or my projects.
    Have a great day
    Jan

    ReplyDelete