About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Planning on making a new quilt/wall hanging

QUILTED VILLAGE (SET OF 12)


This is a picture of the wall hanging that my friend, Sharon, and her daughter, Sarah, and I are planning to make.  I need to make mine smaller because the only place I can hang it is about 40 x 40 while this is 57 x 60.  We will do a block at a time.  We plan to meet this Thursday to have a "planning" session and then every other Thursday after that until we at least have the top completed.

This coming Saturday (2/4) my friends Stacy and Sharon and I are going to drive down to Ault's for wool, stop at an antique store along the way and maybe if time permits off to The Door Mouse in Bettsville Ohio for fabric.  :)

I've been very lazy lately - not real motivated to do much of anything.  I have my Saltbox rug sitting right beside my chair to work on but haven't done any work on it in two weeks.  I've just been cleaning and organizing my craft room and reading.  Sigh... I hope I break out of this rut soon!

Hope you all have a good week!

Char

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful project. I love it. I hope that you get your Mojo back so that you can show us the finished smaller version of this wall hanging. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Char, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I've missed you on Blogger. I hope that all is well with you.
    I haven't been posting much on my blog as life has been quite busy and leaving comments take lots of time.

    I'm just taking a break from sanding my stairs and my arm muscles are sore. lol. Then I'll put on the 4th coat of polyurethane and the stairs will be done with. It's about time.

    I just uploaded some renovations pictures. I took pictures of the unfinished bathroom and the stairs with the third coat of polyurethane.

    My husband and I will finish the rest of the bathroom ourselves. I would have loved the contractor friend to finish everything but he's 75 and was very tired and he was supposed to only work for three days in the bathroom anyway, but I'm so glad that we got the stairs rebuilt. He got his friend to install the floor tiles and wall tiles. Neither of them wanted a penny for the work. I'm only paying for the materiel. I paid $600. at the auction for three days of carpentry so I think that I got off very cheap. All they want is compost for their labor. My husband always lend them a hand when they need it so it worked beautifully for us.

    Have a great week. Spring is just around the corner. Hugs. JB

    ReplyDelete