About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Monday, September 9, 2013

FINALLY!!!! My craft is all reorganized...

...for now!  I'm sure I'll have to tweak it as I go along but for now I can actually find things!  Yay!

Here are some after pictures!


This what the wall and area rug look like.  I also replaced all the white plug covers and switch plates to an antique black.


This was as I started putting the furniture back in...


This is my sewing area.  My hubby took two metal file cabinets and attacked a countertop to them.  Lots of room to work on.


I took all my fabric out of plastic containers and placed it in the pantry that I had in my craft room.  The top shelf is fabric for projects I want to do such as making rag quilts for the boys, some pillow cases, and a lap quilt for my daughter.  I was amazed at the fabric that I had!  The next two shelves are fat quarters, charms, 10inch fabrics as well as 1/2 yard or yard cuts.  I also have some seasonal fabric on the third shelf.  The bottom shelf is holding my muslin and batting.


Here is my sewing table all set up ready to go!


This is my work area.  This is where I cut fabric or whatever craft I happen to be working on that I can't take out to the living room and work on it in my chair such as bracelets, cards, etc.


This is my rug hooking corner.  The top cabinet has scraps of wool, packets of dye, a dye book and a stripper for rag rugs.  The bottom shelf holds larger pieces of wool, linen, and patterns.

This is my big rug hooking frame from Ault's.  Another thing I found as I was cleaning this room was that I have plenty of patterns already on linen as well as the wool to practically complete the project!!! Again - I had no idea I had so much!!!!



This is the closet in my craft room.  It holds my cross stitch and punch needle supplies.  The top shelf is a little of this and a little of that such as extra toilet paper, paper towels, Christmas cards, etc.  The second shelf is the punch needle supplies as well as yo yo's that have been made - just need to make more to finish a project.  The third and fourth shelves are my cross stitch supplies - floss, aida, etc.  The bottom of the closet is my quilting projects that just need to be quilted.

So, after I got this project finished I took a couple of days to dust, vacuum and mop floors in my house.  Then I went on a road trip with a friend and her daughters to a fabric shob.  Of course, I had no intentions of buying any fabric while there but some of the fat quarters just leaped into my arms!  LOL!  Then I just HAD to have 1/2 yard of two different fabrics.  And while I was there I saw many more civil war fabrics that I'd just love to have at a later date!  After that hubby and I went to Amish country here in Ohio where I bought swag valances for my craft room (I'll post pictures of that once I get them hung), some potpourri for my living room and craft room, and some other little odds and ends. 

Now I'm ready to start working on something.  However, I have a punch needle project that I'm sooo close to having finished punching so I think I'll do that before moving on to a small quilt.  I bought a kit a year ago and I think I'd like to tackle that so I can hang it in my living room.  I have a fall quilt that needs to be quilted but it's still been too warm to be quilting something that big so I'd like to get the smaller quilt done and up.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you've enjoyed my journey of reorganization!  I threw out bags of junk, took boxes of things to the goodwill and still have a ton of stuff left!  :) 

Take care and have a great evening!

3 comments:

  1. Great for you to have finally had time to organize your craft room. I hope that you have many hours of enjoyment doing what you love to do.
    Thanks for sharing. It looks very nice.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice space to create! Thank you for sharing...I need all the motivation I can get, to dig in and re-organize my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw Jennifer's note on Small Quilt Chat and thought I would stop by to take a look. Wow! That was a lot of work! But it sure pays off in the end. Now you need to sew, craft, sew!

    ReplyDelete