About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Where did this year go?!?

This year went by so fast!  Too fast!   I didn’t get to enjoy summer because we started remodeling our bathroom late June and it was the middle of August before we finished.  Then in September we had Bathfitters come and do a tub cover and tub surround.   Late August my grandson, Ryan, starts the junior high football season so we attended most of his games, many of them in the cold or rain.  We also attended our grandson, Andrew’s, soccer game....yep we only got to attend one.

Earlier this year I signed up for a block of the month quilt class as well as joining in on Kathy Tracy’s small quilt group mystery quilt.....uh...what the heck was I thinking?!?!  Meanwhile I attended some “classes” held by members of our quilt guild.   In July my friend, Sharon, hosted a Christmas themed sew in.   We had our choice of making a table runner, table topper, or two placemats.  We could cut our fabric but not start sewing until the sewin day started at 10:00 a.m. and ended at 3:00 p.m.    Guess who didn’t finish....yep me!   The next class was to make an iron caddy....again, guess who didn’t finish...again, Me!   The next class was a carpenter star quilt which I really enjoyed, but again, didn’t finish the top by the end of the day.  Sigh....do,you see a pattern here?   I did get the top finished at home and cut the backing and batting, but need to mark,the top to hand quilt.  The table runner I managed to finish the top, cut the batting and the backing, need to mark and sandwich for,hand quilting.  Oh and I completely forgot the mystery quilt class done at the quilt guild meeting place.  Have batting and backing cut but also need to mark it to quilt.  Like I said....what was I,thinking?!?!  I still haven’t done all the blocks for Kathy Tracy’s mystery quilt.

Now I’m working on Christmas gifts.  Gulp! Got a very late start....  usually I’m almost finished and just have to add details... Sigh...

Meanwhile, it seems everyone wants a piece of me and I have many commitments and appointments to deal with.

Then again the “what was I thinking” card popped up and I got the brilliant idea of getting my two great granddaughters Mariah who is two and Juleigha who is six over to make some things this past Saturday.  We had funny and it was funny.  This coming Saturday I’m having my two grandsons, Liam who will be 9 (I think) and Dominic who is seven come over to make some things.

On top of all of the above my husband, John, has mild dementia that seems like it’s getting worse.  Tomorrow I’m meeting with someone at the Alzheimer’s Association to talk about what to expect, how to tell when it’s getting worse, etc.  he is only 68 years old...😔

So....what have y’all been up to?

When I can figure out how to,post pictures on my blog through my iPad or Apple computer I will post pictures.

Happy Thanksgiving!



1 comment:

  1. oh Char, I'm sorry things gets bogged down for you with too much to do... Now before I start a project I ask myself, "At my age, do I really need to do this? Most of the time, the answer is NO..

    In our lives, we are given only a set amount of days to get things done and most of us are getting behind in living in the present. It's really the only thing that is important. We have nothing to prove and should only do what brings us joy.

    So sorry about the husband's dementia.
    hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete