About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rug hooking, rain, SNOW!?!?

Met with Stacy and Lauren last night to rug hook.  I'm worried that I'm going to run out of background wool so I asked Stacy and Lauren for their suggestions.  They both suggested leaving spaces to incorporate a fabric either lighter or a little darker than my background just in case I did run out.   So that is what I've started to do (leave spaces).  I must me hooking tighter than I should because when I bought the wool I asked the person I bought it from how much I'd need for the background.  She held the wool up to my pattern and gave me what she felt I'd need.  Stacy had some wool that looked like it would blend well with my current background wool so if I need it I will buy it from her. 

It has been raining it seems forever!  Now they're predicting 2-3 inches of snow tonight and 6-10 inches tomorrow!  Aaaacccckkkk!!!!! 

Not as much tension this week as what I had last week.  But like I was telling Stacy and Lauren last night - I'm so stressed that I'm feeling it in the muscles of my back!  I'm hoping this passes soon!  And I'm feeling so tired and drained - hoping it's the weather!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Char, they gave you good advice...

    I never ran out of wool color for the background but for small portions of details. I want to use up some of my small pieces of just the right colors wool and it sometimes gets me in trouble and then I have to dye another color that is as close as what want. I'm slowly learning to dye some bigger pieces.

    I hope that you feel more energetic soon. Spring is slowly getting closer with each passing day, just hang in there. Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete