About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Winter wonderland!

The snow on the trees was so pretty this morning driving in to work.  Roads weren't great but they weren't horrible either.  I wished that I had my camera with me because it looked like a scene out of a painting.  Just beautiful!

Looking forward to this weekend.  I'm going to attempt to "teach" two of my friends how to quilt.  We'll meet three times from 1:30 - 4:30.  They will be doing the "Turning Twenty" pattern.  This Sunday I will show them how to cut their fabric per the instructions.  Then I'll have them spend the rest of their time at my house cutting so I'm there to answer questions.  I will be cutting fabric for my grandsons' quilts.  I'm making them rag quilts.  I hope to get all the fabric cut and pinned together over the spring and summer, then they'll be ready to quilt in the fall.  I'll try to remember to take pictures as I have my quilting classes.  This will be my first time teaching something so extensive.  I taught needle punch to some of the workers here.  We had a "crafting" lunch group where someone would teach a new craft.  I had just learned needle punch from my friend Stacy (who also works with me).  She encouraged me to teach it to the group.  That Stacy - she's always talking me into something crafty!  LOL! 

Hope you all have a great day!

Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I missed this post.. I'm better at applique quilts. I started a star pattern quilt several years ago and made only one square and found out that my piece wasn't exactly even so having very little time, it has been abandoned for later. Maybe some day I'll get back at it. . For now, it's a UFO. lol

    It's nice that you can teach quilting. JB

    ReplyDelete