About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The countdown begins!

So many of us are asking - "are you ready for Christmas" - I am!  It has been a strange year for me - not quite sure why but it just doesn't feel like it should be Christmas.  I love this time of year, but will be so glad when it's all over.  I'm ready to go back to a "normal" pace.  I'm already looking forward to Spring - yeah, yeah I know - winter just officially started!  I look forward to hearing the birds chirp, the flowers popping up and so on.  It got really cold earlier than usual for us this year so I'm done!  I feel for all of you who have really cold, brutal winters!  I don't know how you stand it!  On the other hand - I wouldn't want to move away from Ohio.  I love the change of seasons.  I like that we usually have nice summers - not extremely hot (except for this past summer).  I love the Spring and Fall. 

We celebrated Christmas with my son and his family this past Saturday.  My grandson, Liam, was quite entertaining (he just turned 2)!  We laughed and laughed at his antics.  We'll celebrate with my stepdaughter the 26th.  My daughter who lives in Kentucky can't come up at all nor can my stepson who lives in Washington state.  My daughter and stepson rarely get to come home for Christmas so it's not their not being here that's making things so tough this year.  Not quite sure what the issue is... Sigh... but luckily this too shall pass.

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Char, I hope that you get to rest for a while now that everything is ready. Merry Christmas. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. JB

    ReplyDelete