About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quilting and rug hooking!

I've been steadily working on my granddaughter's quilt.  I really hoping I get it done by February 11 so I can put the binding on both granddaughter's quilts. 

Monday night we're getting together again and I'm going to teach the group how to locker rug hook!  GULP!    I'm sure they'll have an easy time learning it and it will be fun in the process!

It feels so cold out there today!  My poor hubby has to work outside in all of this!  He works for the phone company as a cable splicer.  COLD!  Hopefully he'll get to retire this summer!

Stay warm everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Char, thanks for your comment on my blog. The way it looks, you'll be dyeing long before me. I'm not starting until I get back from Ottawa and I'm not sure how long I'll be gone. How nice to be doing this with a friend. Is it the first time for both of you? Hope that you get your quilt on time JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia,

    Thanks for reading my blog! We probably won't start dyeing for a couple of months yet. I haven't had a chance to sit down and really read the book, but April gives a nice list of materials you'll need to be able to dye so that's the first step - getting all of that.

    Are you getting excited about your trip?

    ReplyDelete