About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Some of my quilts and purses I made for the granddaughters one Christmas


My very first ever quilt - wall hanging.  I did this way, way before I did the log cabin quilt.





My granddaughter's, Karley, quilt.  She loves horses!  She'll be graduating 2011 in June!


My granddaughter's, Brooke, quilt.  She lives in Florida. 
This is a closer view to show the butterfly fabric.



I made these purses out of placemats and iron on designs.

These are some of the things I've made over the years.  I finished hand quilting my granddaughter, Felicia's quilt - just need to add the border and it will be done.  I've started my granddaughter, Toni's quilt (hand quilting) and hope to have it finished by the middle of February.  I have taken pictures of other crafts but haven't put them on my computer yet.  I will post them soon.

This coming Monday a group of us are going to start to get together to work on rugs or whatever craft is our craft of choice.  We'll meet every month until at least April.  I'm hoping to get a lot of quilting done initially, then I can go back to my rug hooking.  I have found as I've been cleaning and reorganizing my craft room that a) I had more wool than I realized and b) I have some rug hooking kits that I have purchased that I like to get started and finished.  They're small projects so I'll feel a sense of accomplisment when I start them.  Then I'll move on to my big penny sunflower rug.  It will be the biggest thing I've hooked!



No comments:

Post a Comment