About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I try to be creative - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I'm my own worst critic! I'm self taught in a lot of my crafts, but have taken quilting classes and most recently a beginner's rug hooking class. I enjoy both crafts tremendously. I'd like to learn to be a better gardener.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh! And one more thing I forgot to mention!!!!!

My girlfriend and I (the one who encouraged me to take a class with Sally Van Nuys) started what was supposed to be a rug hooking group on Monday's from 7:00 - 9:00 at her house (I have no parking where I live and you can't park on the street).  There are five of us who meet.  We've been doing it for a month.  The first two Monday's I worked on the quilt while my friend worked on her rug and another woman crocheted.  The following week I taught Locker rug hooking and we all worked on that.  The third week I crocheted, my friend worked on her rug, the other woman crocheted as well.  Two of our members weren't there.  But seeing the way my friend has displayed all her rugs, mats, runners has made me want to hook more rugs and I've been chomping at the bit to get the quilts done so I can turn my attention to rug hooking.  It has also inspired the other women to want to learn more about rug hooking as some of them don't particularly care for primitives.  We have a good time, eat, relax, laugh and joke.  It's great!  Maybe some day we'll have more people at our group and will have to find another location to do our crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on keeping your group going. Keep it up. Winter makes it difficult to get around. I hope that your group will grow and that you can find a great place to meet with plenty of parking. JB

    ReplyDelete